One of my go to meals were meatballs. I love a good old meatball sandwich and of course the classic spaghetti and meatballs. A few years ago I stopped eat red beef, pork and poultry. So no meatball for me in a few years. But then I recently discovered vegans meatballs!!
I love using Impossible meat ( found in most local grocery stores) to make meatballs even though they are meant to make burgers with but perfect for meatballs. The impossible meat has a similar texture for actually meat and takes in seasoning better then any other meat substitute.
I love this vegan meatball recipe because it is quick, easy and delicious. It is not exactly like a traditional meatball but is a great substitute.
- Large Mixing bowl
- Large sauce pan
- 1 pack Impossible Meat
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or extra virgin
Flax Seed Egg wash
- 1 tbsp flaxseed meal
- 3 tbsp water
- Prepare Flaxseed egg wash. In a small bowl combine flaxseed meal and water, stir well and let it set for 5 minutes.
- Place impossible meat in a large bowl, add garlic powder, oregano, salt, pepper and flaxseed mixture ( when set). With your hands break up meat and combine ingredients.
- Form "meat" into 1 inch balls ( should have about 10-12 meatballs)
- Place a large sauce over medium heat, add avocado oil. Place meatballs in pan searing the outside.
- Once the outside of meatball has browned, cook meatballs over low heat for 5-7 minutes.
- Ready to serve