Growing up pizza was one of my favorite foods. Whenever my brother and I went to my dad’s house on the weekends would always make pizza, it was our thing. So I have a lot of fond memories in regards to pizza, that has not changed since entering adulthood.
My favorite pizza in the world is Truffle Mushroom Flatbread Pizza . It is very fragrant and bold in flavor because of the truffle oil but quick and easy to make with simple ingredients. It is sort of like a “grown up pizza” if there is such a thing.
Also truffle mushroom flatbread is my go to dinner . Takes minutes to prepare but looks like you have been in the kitchen for hours. Thank me later :).
Truffle Mushroom Flatbread Pizza
- large pan
- Pizza pan
- Measuring spoons
- Measuring cups
- Pizza wheel or knife
- 2½ cups mushrooms sliced
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or can use extra virgin olive oil
- 2 shallot bulb (chopped) or half of an onion
- 1 cup mozzarella shredded
- 1 thin crust flatbread pizza naan
- 1 tbsp truffle oil
- ½ tbsp rosemary
- ½ tbsp dried thyme
- ½ tbsp oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°
- In a large pan, on medium heat, add avocado oil and shallots. Sauté shallots until translucent.
- When shallots are translucent add mushrooms and all seasoning. Sauté mushroom until brown and soften ( 8-10 minutes)
- While mushrooms are sautéing, spray cooking oil on pizza pan ( or use foil, parchment paper etc). Then take flatbread and place on pizza pan. Spread shredded mozzarella evenly throughout the flatbread ( setting aside some mozzarella)
- Once mushrooms are cooked, spread contents evenly throughout the flatbread. The mozzarella set aside sprinkle on top.
- Place pizza pan in 400° oven for 17 minutes.
- After 17 minutes, take flatbread out of oven. Drizzle 1 tbsp of truffle oil over flatbread evenly.
- Once flatbread has cooled ( 5 minutes) cut into fourths with pizza wheel or knife.Ready to serve.