Eggplant Parmesan Slices is one of my favorite vegetarian dish and a great comfort food. It is delicious, very light and simple to make. Instead of using bread crumbs I use panko because it gives the slices a little bit of texture and more of a crunch. I love having the eggplant slices as a snack with a spicy tomato dipping sauce. My mouth is watering now!
Baked Eggplant Parmesan Slices
- Cookie sheet
- Large Mixing bowl
- Small mixing bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- Sharp knife
- Cooking Board
- 1 Eggplant
- 2 Cups Panko Crumbs
- 1 Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 2 Eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (191 degrees C)
- Preparing Eggplant: wash eggplant and trim off stem. Next slice eggplant to 1cm disks. Take some paper towels and blot dry each slice to remove excess water. Set aside
- In a large mixing bowl add panko crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper then combine.
- In a small mixing bowl crack two eggs, with a fork or whisk beat eggs until they are fully broken up
- Either spray cooking oil or put foil on cookie sheet
- Dip eggplant slice in beaten egg wash then in Panko/ Parmesan mixture. Place coated eggplant slice on cookie sheet. Repeat this process for each slice.
- Bake for 40 minutes, turning slices over halfway through when crispy and brown