Spicy Blood Orange Margarita
I LOVE cocktails especially margaritas. Margaritas are light, summery and so easy to make. I prefer to make my own margaritas because pre mix margaritas from grocery store are always too sweet and has a weird after taste, plus nothing beats using fresh ingredients. Below is a recipe for Spicy Blood Orange Margarita, this cocktail is so refreshing but does have a kick to it.
- Cocktail Shaker ( I get mine from Amazon)
- Juicer ( Can get from Walmart, Amazon, Grocery Store etc)
- 2 Blood Oranges
- 1 Grape Fruit
- 1 Lime
- 2 Tsp Brown Sugar
- 1 Jalapeno Chopped
- 1 Cup Tequila I used 1800 Silver
- Pour tequila in a cup along with the jalapenos. Set a side at room temperature for 1-4 hours (the longer you let the jalapenos infuse, the spicier the margarita will be )
- Juice blood oranges, grapefruit and limes
- Pour juice, jalapeno infused tequila and brown sugar in cocktail shaker
- Fill shaker with ice
- Secure lid on shaker
- Hold the shaker with both hands (one on each piece) and shake vigorously over your shoulder for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour Margarita into glasses and add lime slices as a garnish
The Perfect Spicy Blood Orange Margarita. What is your favorite cocktail?