I LOVE cocktails especially margaritas. Margaritas are light, summery and so easy to make. I prefer to make my own margaritas because pre mix margaritas from grocery store are always too sweet and has a weird after taste, plus nothing beats using fresh ingredients. Below is a recipe for Spicy Blood Orange Margarita, this cocktail is so refreshing but does have a kick to it. I hope you enjoy!!
2 Blood Oranges
2 Teaspoons of Brown Sugar
1 Jalapeno (Chopped)
5 Shots Tequila ( I used 1800 Silver)
Cocktail Shaker ( I get mine from Amazon)
Juicer ( Can get from Walmart, Amazon, Grocery Store etc)
1. Pour 5 shots of tequila in a cup along with the chopped jalapenos. Set a side at room temperature for 1-4 hours (the longer you let the jalapenos infuse, the spicier it will be )
2. Juice blood oranges, grapefruit and limes.
3. Pour juice, jalapeno infused tequila and brown sugar in cocktail shaker.
5. Fill shaker with ice
6. Secure lid on shaker.
7. Hold the shaker with both hands (one on each piece) and shake vigorously over your shoulder for a couple minutes.
8. Pour Margarita into glasses and add lime slices as a garnish.
The Perfect Spicy Blood Orange Margarita. Let me know what you think!