Steamed Mussels With Garlic and White Wine
I LOVE MUSSELS!! They are so quick and easy to cook and most of all packed full of flavor! With this recipe only 5 ingredients are need and it is a quick and easy dinner. The garlic and white wine gives it a great depth of flavor and makes a great broth.
- Large sauce pan
- 1 ½ lbs Mussels wash thoroughly
- 5 Cloves Garlic
- ½ Cup White Wine I like using Sauvignon Blanc
- Parsley Optional
- In a large pan melt butter over medium heat
- When butter is melted add minced garlic ( drop temperature to low setting to prevent garlic from burning)
- Sautee garlic until it is soften ( about 2-3 minutes)
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper
- Raise temperature back to medium heat. Add mussels then white wine, cover will lid for about 5-10 minutes or until mussels open
- After mussels open add parsley ( optional) then serve
What I love about this recipe is that it is so quick and easy to make and so flavorful. What is your favorite mussel dish?